Hello friends :)
Welcome to my first blog post of my adventures to Kenya!
I left the warm city of Edmonton, Alberta on May 12, and after the flight and a whole 4 hour conversation with my seat friend, Katie, and a bumpy landing, I made it to Toronto!
I was picked up at the airport by Diana and Murry Schmidt, the host family and short-term coordinators that I'll be staying with, along with Christina, another short-term mission girl that will be going to Kenya, but specifically Kalacha in June.
Today, May 13 was the first day of orientation, we went to Africa Inland Mission base downtown Toronto where we met another short-termer, Anna who will be going to Mandritsara, Madagascar.
As we went through the history of AIM and various technical matters that needed to be discussed I learned the importance of vulnerability, establishing relationships based on trust, and a willingness to learn and do.
Below is a picture of me, Anna, Diana, Murry, and Christina, at the Schmidt's home. The second picture is of some of the literature that Diana has so kindly provided for us girls to read.
Is that Christina Klassen?! Small World!!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, praying for you Kathleen! This is such a great opportunity for God to continue using you on this earth!
Blessings!
Angie
Haha, yes Angie it is! I heard you guys worked at the same camp :)
DeleteThanks for your prayers Angie :)
Blessings to you too!