Sunday, 19 May 2013

The Promise

You know the feeling accompanied when you are separated from your best friends, with minimal contact? Well, yesterday I experienced homesickness.
No, I wasn't really sick, but rather emotionally plucked and feeling alone.

If you know me, you will realize that I am one of those people that rarely have much difficulty in making new friends. However, at the current guesthouse I'm staying in, there is such a high turn over of people coming and going. Really, if you were to view the guesthouse I imagine it would be like a Christian hostel with a setting of ease, approachability, and common purpose; with people represented from many countries and organizations. However, it was yesterday how I came to really realize the importance of friendship (beyond day friendship).

I have been so blessed with the fellowship of others that I call family that when I am away from them, I realize how blessed I really am. So, I just wanted to give a shout-out to those that have blessed me, called me friend and family; that take the time to invest in lives and who are willing to invest.

But... the story doesn't end there.

Abba knows when we feel lonely and he provides us with people to come alongside us; to encourage us and distract the feelings of loneliness away.

Yesterday Abba provided me with three companions for the day, ages 9, 6, and 4. These children were staying at the Mayfield guesthouse and we proceeded to look up interesting facts in a book about everything. Then before lunch we went outside and played multiple games - a highlight was hide and go-seek with two other boys living in the compound. Then after lunch we decided to choose a story from the Bible and film it! There were so many laughs and smiles that happened that day.

Day by day I will continue to trust, knowing that Abba knows the desires of my heart and fulfills them in his time.



2 comments:

  1. So when do we get to see the filming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to upload the movie, but it'll have to wait since the internet here is a bit finicky. I will perhaps try again, and if not, then a surprise when I get back into Canada!

    ReplyDelete