Friday, 17 May 2013

Reflections of an Arrival



At midnight I arrived at my home in Nairobi for the next few days, here are some of my reflections before bed...

Oh my I am so excited I could cry! I am here, finally in Africa! Thank you Abba for your travelling mercies; for providing me with comfort on the flight, good sleep, a friendly seat partner (Chuma from Nigeria), and Christian friends (Caroline and Rachel from Kenya)! I am so overwhelmed by your love Abba.

As soon as I opened my blind on the plane to look out the window I knew right away that I was no longer in the big city – there were minimal lights; nothing like flying out of Toronto, Ontario. 
The drive to the house was another experience. When Samuel, the driver who picked Mike, another short-termer, and I up to go to the Mayfield House, I was so impressed. Why? The roads are so windy and there seems to be no signs or speed limits, and with the steering wheel on one right side and traffic on the opposite of what us Canadians know... wow – you have to know where you are going! I'm so glad I wasn't driving :)

Yet today is a new day, praise the Lord for no jet lag! 
Today was a quiet and calm morning, no expectations and many opportunities to meet new people. 

Please pray that I continue to make connections, and that I develop a friendship with someone that will be able to explore and fellowship with me. Also, I've received a book "Simplified Swahili" to help me learn the language, please pray that I'll be able to maintain the new words and pronounce them correctly. 

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment