Once
upon a time there was… oh so many things that happened!
Today
the choice of story to share with you consists of a moment removed from routine
and some unrelated pictures to the story.
Everyday in Kurungu, the moms have encouraged me to take a
break (even just a short one) from working with the kids (they have encouraged this for personal growth
and in hopes that I wouldn’t burn out :) - no worries about that yet!). However, as you may know I am a person that definitely loves to be active and when I sit down for too long of a period of time, I feel like I should be doing something. I have told this to the ladies and so, yesterday when they had scheduled me to take a break, Loki, one of the moms came looking for me, just to make su
re I was actively engaging in soloist time. She ended up taking the baby that was in my arms and sending me off.
I ended up taking Jay's (one of the Dad's) guitar and my Bible and trekking a short walk to the church, to where I had earlier discovered has amazing acoustics. Even in an isolated area you always end up seeing people around who are at the taking care of their animals or wandering to the watering hole with their animals. Despite all this, there were moments of calm and I was able to set apart time to spend in devotions and song. After that I thought, God I want to sing you my own song - so I began to write and play a new song! Oh so exciting! It's rather interesting parallel (in the song) about between being strung on a clothes line and shattered expectations. I'll have to share it with you when I get back :)
But the take away from this story is that sometimes we have to be removed from our daily routines of life in order to do what has been on our hearts to do; to have our 'self' wrung out to dry in order that we can be stamped with God's image, rather than being held back by expectations, attitudes of laziness or even just plain tiredness.
So, wherever you are, I encourage you today to step out of that routine find a hiding place and seek Abba; his heart, his desire for your life. Do it :)
| Walk to the Village one fine Friday |
So glad to hear that you are able to borrow a guitar! Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all thy benefits! Thank you for embracing the work at hand. Thank you for taking time to bask in His love. Thank you for being a conduit of His love.
ReplyDelete