Saturday, 22 June 2013

...from Kurungu and back again...


Through this whole experience of being medi-evacuated out of Kurungu with the Callaghans, to staying in Kijabe at the Moffat Guesthouse and then with Sue Bird, to then being driven with Kevin (who I in a divine appointment met at Mayfield Guesthouse at the beginning of my trip) and his wife Linda to Nairobi, to then driving up with the Swanepoel family to Nanyuki, to being hosted at Nick and Lynn Swanepoel’s home for 5 days, and then afterwards making the 8 hour continuation trip from Nanyuki to Kurungu … *breathe …. has all been apart of Abba’s plan.

The drive back with the Swanepoel’s was eye-filling with dense and diverse greenery (many types of trees with different heights and shapes), various animals (ostriches, goats, camels, sheep, dik-diks, and various birds), and cultural differences. It has been said that you can experience two parts of Kenya: Kenya 1 (South) and Kenya 2 (north), and as you passed through these different regions, the style of dress (modern to traditional), and structure of homes (rock structures to huts) was apparent.

I also saw many school children; you could tell from their uniforms – and so young too! Many parents send their children to school as a babysitting service. I think the youngest child I saw, wandering off on their way to school alone looked to be 3 years old.
 
However… even though I got to experience much of the beautiful landscapes across central Kenya, it’s really the people that make this experience in Africa worth it. The people I have come to know on this trip; the relationships that have been built are so much more meaningful that capturing a beautiful picture on a countryside (what?! I know, huge thing for a wanna-be photographer to say). However, this post wouldn’t be as exciting without pictures, so enjoy the photos!
 


P.S. Thank you for your prayers for Jay – his testing is completed and his body is healing. His body is now recovering and is just very sore. 

1 comment:

  1. Miss you lovely can't wait to hear all about your adventures when your back

    ReplyDelete